Design Thinking: a human-centered approach to innovation
As the tech-driven economy shifts beneath our feet, adaptability and empathy become keys to sustained business success. At this #PTW17 event, learn how Design Thinking is transforming the way businesses develop products, processes, and strategy by putting humans back into the center of our everything we do. Join local designer, John Cardone (MetaMeta) and design thinking professor, Kathryn Wessling (Wharton) for an interactive workshop and presentation for tools you can put to use in any industry.
“Design thinking is a human-centered approach to innovation that draws from the designer's toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success.” —Tim Brown, president and CEO, IDEO
In this workshop, we will take a crash course in Design Thinking.
- What is it? (15 min) - How do we do it? Some basic processes, toolkits, methodologies, resources. This will include two practical activities.
- Activity 1: Journey Mapping (60 min)
- Break - (5 min)
- Activity 2: Mini-Design Challenge (40 min)
- Debrief: Group discussion. (10 min)
This 2-hour workshop will draw upon the work of:
- IDEO - CEO Tim Brown
- IBM - The Design Thinking Field Manual
- STANFORD D-SCHOOL - Put Design Thinking to Work
- JEANNE LIEDTKA - Prof. of Strategy, Darden School, UVA
- ROGER MARTIN - author “The Design of Business"
- DUARTE - CEO Nancy Duarte,
- PARTICIPLE - Founder Hilary Cottom
- TOM WUJEC - How to Draw Toast
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.