GovLabPHL: Transforming City Services through Human-centered Design, Behavioral Economics, and Data Driven Decision Making
The City of Philadelphia is transforming itself to improve service delivery and improve the lives of all Philadelphians. Learn more about GovLabPHL, a multi-agency team launched in 2017 and led by the Mayor’s Policy Office. GovLabPHL focuses on developing innovative and evidence-based practice in city government.
Additionally, we'll discuss the Philadelphia Behavioral Science Initiative (PBSI), a partnership between members of the Philadelphia City government and behavioral scientists from Philadelphia-area colleges and universities that are piloting several service improvement projects using a behavioral economics lens with the Mayor's Office, the Department of Revenue, the Mayor’s Taskforce on Litter Reduction and Zero Waste, and the Water Department, the Office of Transportation and Infrastructure Systems.
- Anjali Chainani, Director of Policy, Office of Mayor James F. Kenney, City of Philadelphia
- Marisa Waxman, First Deputy Revenue Commissioner, Department of Revenue, City of Philadelphia
- Liana Dragoman, User Experience Strategist, Office of Data and Digital Transformation, City of Philadelphia
- Dan Hopkins, Associate Professor, Political Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Joseph Ciesielski, Senior Research Associate, Philadelphia Youth Network
Photo Credit: M. Fischetti for VISIT PHILADELPHIA