The Future of Digital Marketing
Explore trends in the digital space with The Future of Digital Marketing.
Live streaming, chat bots, virtual and augmented reality and the growing spread of fake news are all changing the landscape that marketers have to navigate. At this #PTW17 event, explore the practical how-to's and applications of some of these trends and how to still be an authentic voice amidst the noise.
We'll kickoff the day with a keynote presentation and then from there, dive in to interactive workshops, tactical presentations and lunchtime breakout discussions. End the day with some added networking and Happy Hour!
You are encouraged to bring a laptop or mobile device in order to follow along with some of the activities/workshops throughout the day
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM | Registration, Breakfast and Networking
- 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM | Keynote Presentation with Roee Adler, Head of Digital at WeWork
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Panel Discussion
- Annie Heckenberger, VP, Group Director, Brand Communications Strategy, Digitas Health LifeBrands
- Antoinette Marie Johnson, Founder, At Media
- Bo Hee Kim, Brand Development Producer, Vox Media
- Sovanna Mam, Founder and Chief Product Officer, Greenfish
- 12:00 PM - 1:20 PM | Lunch & Breakout Sessions
- 1:20 PM - 2:00 PM | Tactical Presentations
- Discovering your Data with Greg Ebbecke, Vice President, Business Intelligence, Harmelin Media
- Transforming the customer experience with Digital First with Dan Barcus, Vice President, eCommerce, Comcast NBCUniversal
- 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM | Workshop #1 - Creating rich content for your audiences with Google tools with Nicholas Whitaker, Training and Development Manager, Google News Lab
- 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM | Break
- 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM | Workshop #2 - Design Thinking with Natalie W. Nixon, PhD, Design Strategist and Principal, Figure 8 Thinking, LLC
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | Tactical Presentations Continued
- Exploring Facebook Live with Tim Quirino, Product Design, Video on Facebook
- Looking at Google Through New Lenses with Wil Reynolds, Founder and Director of Digital Strategy, Seer Interactive
- How The Wall Street Journal is Engaging Audiences on New Platforms with Dave Cole, Visuals Editor, The Wall Street Journal
- 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM | Closing Thoughts
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM | Happy Hour
Discovering your Data with Greg Ebbecke, Vice President, Business Intelligence, Harmelin Media
When it comes to measuring your client’s success, your analysis can only be as detailed as the data you collect. This tactical presentation will cover questions to ask to ensure access to the “right” data, tips to avoid misinterpreting the data you collect and best practices in creating compelling visuals and analysis from the data available. Along the way, we will touch on the allure of (and obstacles to) 1:1 attribution, the value of statistical analysis and other ways to turn promise into potential when translating media delivery into business success.
Creating rich content for your audiences with Google tools with Nicholas Whitaker, Training and Development Manager, Google News Lab
You will walk away from this 40 minute mind melting session with an array of skills and free tools to better understand your audience, what they are searching for online, and discover how to create compelling and engaging content using Google tools. Get hands on with Advanced Search and Trends to do fast research and put your finger on the pulse of what people are searching for, use tools like Google Maps, My Maps and Street View to bring context to your content, learn the best practices to distribute your content for mobile first audience, and get excited about the future of storytelling with virtual and augmented reality via Daydream and Tango. You'll also encounter ways to dive even deeper with free online training and resources from g.co/newslab. Cardboard will be provided. Please bring a laptop or mobile device.
Design Thinking with Natalie W. Nixon, PhD, Design Strategist and Principal, Figure 8 Thinking, LLC
An interactive introduction to the value of design thinking: why empathy, prototyping and story matter even more as we introduce AR, VR and big data to our business offering.
Looking at Google Through New Lenses with Wil Reynolds, Founder and Director of Digital Strategy, Seer Interactive
Google is a wealth of data, not just a place to rank and get traffic from. We'll show you how to use Google's machine learning to better understand what answers best solve people's questions.
How The Wall Street Journal is Engaging Audiences on New Platforms with Dave Cole, Visuals Editor, The Wall Street Journal
At a news organization (or anywhere, really), social media platforms can be more than just tools for sharing links.
Learn how The Wall Street Journal tells compelling stories across emerging social platforms like Snapchat Discover and Instagram Stories to reach and engage with new audiences.
- Twitter Hashtag
- Handicap Accessible
Wil likes helping people and businesses grow. A former teacher with a knack for advising, he’s…
Natalie W. Nixon, PhD is a design strategist and a hybrid thinker. She applies her diverse…
Annie has more than two decades of advertising, branding, marketing and PR agency experience, more than…
Dave is a Visual Producer on The Wall Street Journal's Emerging Media team. He works on the WSJ…
Bo Hee Kim
Bo is the Brand Development Producer at Vox Media, responsible for growing and relaunching the…
Born in the Philippines, raised in New Jersey, and sharpened in Philadelphia, @timquirino designs…
Before joining Google in 2010, I spent the prior decade producing, directing, editing, and…
Roee Adler is the Head of Digital at WeWork, leading the company's digital technology products…
Sovanna leads the development of VR products for Greenfish Labs, a digital media firm that…
Greg has spent the bulk of his career advocating for the unification of digital and traditional…
Dan Barcus is Vice President, eCommerce for Comcast NBC Universal, working in the Cable division. …
Antoinette Marie Johnson
Antoinette Marie Johnson is CEO and Founder of At Media, a creative agency with the…